is an open source tool for computations in affine monoids, vector configurations, lattice polytopes, and rational cones.
- convex hulls and dual cones
- conversion from generators to constraints and vice versa
- triangulations, disjoint decompositions and Stanley decompositions
- Hilbert basis of rational, not necessarily pointed cones
- normalization of affine monoids
- lattice points of rational polytopes and (unbounded) polyhedra
- Hilbert (or Ehrhart) series and (quasi) polynomials under Z-gradings (for example, for rational polytopes)
- generalized (or weighted) Ehrhart series and Lebesgue integrals of polynomials over rational polytopes
Normaliz offers the API libnormaliz that allows the user to access the Normaliz computations from any C++ program.
The Normaliz project was partially supported by the DFG SPP 1489 “Algorithmische und experimentelle Methoden in Algebra, Geometrie und Zahlentheorie”.